In collaboration with the Orlando Ballet, Arcadian Broad's work titled "Spring" was a selection showcased in 2018.
ADC IBC is a Youth International Ballet Competition that focuses its core attention on connecting & enriching talented pre-professional ballet dancers with advanced training and professional opportunities. Attached to the event on the final day of festivities, ADC IBC implemented the 'Awards Gala of Stars' several years ago, which highlights the current year top stand outs, along with full professional ballet troupes, international guest principals, alumni making moves, and other up-and coming talent in the dance industry.
Starting in 2019, ADC IBC will be opening up this creative process and accepting submissions from choreographers who would like to be considered to showcase their work through the event. The ADC committee will continue to hand select talent along with this new application process for contemporary & neo-classical works.
1. Choreography must not exceed 10 minutes in length.
2. For emerging choreographers:
That propose dancers who reside outside of the State of Florida, group must not exceed 4 dancers. Airfare to St. Pete provided by ADC IBC.
That have dancers who reside within driving distance, there is no maximum on number of dancers, however travel reimbursement will not exceed $1,000.
3. For established choreographers & dance troupes that have budgeting for travel, and would like to collaborate, please notate in your submission, so committee can determine a fee for the group.
4. Video MUST include: full choreography and dancers planned to perform. If any dancers are needed to replace initial approved group, choreographer must formally request a change and receive approval from the ADC committee.
5. Planned music choice must be used in submission video.
6. Use of musicians and some non balletic elements are permitted, however, overall sentiment must gel and align with general style of event.
* For this application, all proposed dancers must be located within the US.
* Groups will also be provided hotel accommodations walkable to venue. Same gender dancers may be placed in double occupancy rooms. * No student choreographers permitted.
Send the following information to email@example.com by December 1, 2018.
In your email, include:
1. Choreographer's Resume.
2. YouTube or Vimeo link to proposed work.
3. List of Dancer names, ages, location & their current affiliation.
4. Brief description of choreography.
5. Contact Information.
EVENT DATE / LOCATION: ADC IBC 2019 March 22-27, 2019
Awards Gala of Stars Performance
March 27, 2019
Where: The Mahaffey Theater
400 First Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Dancers will be flown in / or are expected to arrive night of March 26 or morning of March 27.
Projected time of performance: 8pm March 27th.
For further questions: email only to firstname.lastname@example.org